Dentistry and people with Autism
Your first appointment at the Hermitage
Your first visit to the dentist is easy if we plan this together. This page lets you know what to expect from your visit with me at the Hermitage. It will help you plan your visit too.
Before your visit
- Practice sitting with your hands on your belly
- Practice opening wide using a plastic spoon like a dentists’ mirror
- Use pictures or photos beforehand ( we can email photos too or copy them from our website )
- Ask Laura if you can visit the surgery before the main appointment (If you want acclimatisation)
- Tell us about what you like and dislike.. This can be done by phone, email or filling out a form.
At your visit you can:
- Bring someone who knows about you and your history.
- Bring a favourite toy or book.
- Take photos of the surgery and the dentists (just ask first).
You can visit me in the Hermitage Clinic
You can park in the Carpark and enter the front door
The receptionist will meet you when you arrive in Suite 10
Kev and Laura will call you in to the surgery
In the Surgery we can:
- Ask questions
- Look at your teeth
- Take pictures and X rays of your teeth
- Clean your teeth or do other work at this appointment if you want.
- Show you how to clean your teeth
- Make a plan for your teeth
If there is anything you want to talk about with us before the visit you can call Laura on 016459555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you soon
Kev and Laura